No. WIFI is not the mistake.
There are 2 issues here.
Firstly, It's our dependence on technology.
We run our English teaching programs on Powerpoint.
We want to show children song lyrics.
We ask if there's FREE WIFI to download the .ppt and we look for the projector to hook up with our laptops or iPads.
Then, it's our educational methods.
That's how we've always done it.
That's how we do it in our school.
That's our education.
And we are here to show the locals how to do it!
In many countries, education is more than just formal schooling.
"Children are taught fishing, hunting, housebuilding...and children generally have much more of a sense of being wanted and of belonging. Accordingly, disciplinary problems are often fewer than they are in our own society."
I've never felt more helpless than when I was living in Australia with youths from 10 nations. We were assigned work duties so they wanted to know what we could do.
My friends could repair roofs, do gardening, plant trees, fix cars, vans, chairs, bake, cook.
I was sent to wash dishes. And I barely coped.
We CAN cope without WIFI.
Sometimes when we are stripped down to the essentials, without our favourite gadgets and toys, we can tap in and connect to the power of the Spirit.
Stop looking for WIFI and the power socket to charge your mobile! Start connecting with the REAL Source of all power and knowledge.
No comments:
Post a Comment