Friday, May 2, 2014

The creative attempt

So this the book that sparked off this attempt. I must say I have thoroughly enjoyed reading this book. Something I have not done for a long time. And I actually finished it in just 2 sittings.

Although dated, Eugene Nida's brilliance come across quickly.
He MUST have travelled widely and quite clearly a linguist. The wealth of research done the various cultures is impressive and organised.

The inevitable question at the end of the reading begs. What does it mean for me?

Singaporeans love to travel. And even kids are getting to go on Community Involvement Program (CIP) more often, sometimes, visiting a different country for each subject they take. 
Singaporean Christians love to go Short-Term Mission Trips. 
We see a lot of that in our churches.
And Singaporean Christians are a hilarious bunch. 
Especially the stuff we say.
So I thought we can put it all together and churn out, ...the 7 Things Never To Say On A Mission Trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment